
Last night I just finished reading Host by Stephanie Meyer. After reading the Twilight series I was very excited to jump into another book of hers. I have to say though that I think this one let me down a little, as Steve mentioned last night that I never talked about this book and it took me a while to read which was definitely not the case with Twilight. Don't get me wrong, this is a great summer read. It's very different and intriguing and reads really fast, but I just don't think it grabbed me the way the other books did. Maybe because it's a little more sci-fi, but then again what do you call books about vampires and werewolves?! I'm glad I read it and I'd probably read a sequel if she came out with one, but I don't think this was my favorite ever.
3 comments:
You have done better than me. I am STILL reading this book. I have the same thoughts on it as you do, but I really want to finish. I have just been so busy and not had any time to read. I really need to get on it so see how it ends.
I LOVE the new background!
We leave July 19th.
Post a Comment