My baby girl is one month old already! I can't believe it, it has gone by so fast and I fear I will say that every month. I'm really trying to soak in this newborn stage because I know it will be gone way too fast. I love this age when they are so little and cuddly, it's just so precious. Since this kind of serves as my journal, I need to document what Abby is up to. (Plus I use this as a reference when I fill out her memory book.)
- She's getting bigger! Her face, belly, and legs are definitely filling out.
- She didn't lose her umbilical cord stump until she was 3 and a half weeks old, kind of a long time.
- Seems to like baths and doesn't cry at all. Took first real bath last night and did great.
- Eating every 2 to 3 hours. She's a great, fast eater which I love!
- Still sleeping a lot in the day. Nights vary from waking up every two hours up to waking up every 5 hours. She at least sleeps at night and doesn't cry or fuss, just wakes up to eat.
- Discovered she loves to sleep on her tummy. I let her sleep like that in the day since I can keep an eye on her. At night she sleeps swaddled propped on her side.
- Is a mommy's girl for now. She has a harder time settling down for Daddy. Our house is boys against girls right now!
- Doesn't like the swing for now and only tolerates her bouncy chair. Really if she's awake, she would like to be held, which doesn't always work out around here!
- Loves her pacifier.
- Her hair seems to be thinning slightly but there's still a ton and it's so long. The roots that are growing seem a lot lighter, more like Preston's hair color.
We survived our first month as a family of four, definitely easier on some days than others. It's an adjustment for sure, but we're getting there! We just love our Abby so much and are so happy she is a part of our family!
1 comment:
she is so adorable! i love seeing all these pictures of her! haha all of these post mean more to me than i think hey usually would since we are at about the same stages :)
Post a Comment