Monday, May 16, 2011

Zoo!

The weather was great the end of last week, so Preston, Abby, and I headed to the Idaho Falls Zoo to check it out. I wasn't sure what to expect but it was pretty nice. It's definitely a small zoo, I think smaller than the Reid Park Zoo in Tucson (for reference to my Tucson peeps!). But I actually like small zoos for Preston's age. I can let him wander around a little and I don't feel like I've wasted my money if we only spend an hour or two there. I went ahead and got a membership for myself (Preston is free!) so I can take the kids in the summer. I will say that I was sad that they don't have some of my favorite larger animals like giraffes, elephants, or a rhino, but I guess that's to be expected at a small zoo. Here are some pics of my boy! I swear Abby and I were there, I just didn't take any pictures of us.



2 comments:

Adrian said...

How fun! You're lucky you will get to enjoy the zoo all summer long because heaven knows it's way too hot here to do that! Preston just looks so big! I don't know if it's the fact that he's a big brother now, but he just looks so cute and grown up! I really love your zoo pictures, but the tiger one kind of freaked me out! At first glance, it looks pretty realistic. Hahaha!

Nathan & Marlese Seaver said...

:) we got a membership too!!! if it ever does warm up lets go! :) i am going to cry if it never warms up and i can't use my membership... sigh... heads up though it will warm up it will! :)