Friday we headed to temple square. It was cloudy and a little rainy and we were surprised that it really wasn't busy at all, but I just love it there. It has such a special feeling! I love how Preston is looking up to the Savior in this picture.
Saturday we went to the gardens at Thanksgiving Point. They have fun children's gardens and then the rest of them. Pretty much the prettiest place I've been to! We'd highly recommend to go there if you haven't. We had lunch by the waterfalls, walked around a lot, and enjoyed the sunshine (and even got sunburned!). It was a great way to spend the day! Later we took Preston to a fun center that had tons of different jumping castles. Steve and Preston got to play for an hour and they (mostly Preston) had a BLAST! After a very full day with only a very short nap, Preston and his parents were completely pooped. I don't think I've ever seen him so tired!
At the family fun center, Preston really has no fear! He would've gone on all of these things again but because it was Saturday night there were a lot of older kids and tweens that would've trampled him. So Steve got to go to, and helped him on some of the tricky parts.
Sunday we relaxed since we were still so tired and then headed out to see some of the temples that we've never seen before.
Jordan River
Oquirrh Mountain
and Draper
Then we got to hang out with our old AZ friends, the Paces! It was so refreshing to spend time with good friends. The last time we saw them we didn't even have kids and they were short one kid, so crazy! Thanks to blogs and facebook, we don't feel like any time has passed and we picked up right where we left off! Thanks Pace family for having us over! Preston loved it because he just played and played with their kids and toys, he had a great time.
Monday we went to the Gateway shopping center in downtown Salt Lake and went to the Discovery Gateway children's museum. We were standing in line to pay and Steve was chasing Preston and I was trying to console a crying Abby when a dad with 3 or 4 kids behind me started asking me how we were holding up with the adjustment to 2 kids. He was so nice and understanding to our situation and then got us into the museum for free because he had a membership there. I love the kindness of strangers, it just made my day! We had to say goodbye to Utah and head to Pocatello for dinner with Steve's family and visiting the cemeteries of loved ones passed. A great Memorial Day for sure (minus the very rainy, cold weather of course!).
1 comment:
Looks like a pretty awesome, fun-filled trip! I'm a little jealous that we don't have something like that to look forward to!
Post a Comment