He is our crazy boy!! I have to admit that I was worried about caring for a newborn again since it's been awhile, but in all reality she is easy to take care of in comparison to Preston. We love our little boy so much but he just goes and goes and goes from the moment he wakes up until he goes to bed. He is full of so much (too much!) energy and is so active that he gets bored easily and for a 2 year old boy, boredom is synonymous with trouble. These past few weeks I've relied on movies to keep him entertained while adjusting to having Abby here but now we're working on breaking that habit. This boy always needs something going on and hates to just be at home all day. We are so ready to sign him up for soccer, t-ball, and maybe even part time preschool but he's too young for all of that (the minimum age is 3). So we'll have to wait until next year for all of that. Until then I have to do a lot of brainstorming to keep this kid busy and happy! On a really good note, he still loves Abby! He loves to give her hugs and kisses and always wants to know where she is and when she's crying he'll ask, "What's wrong Abby?" So sweet.
Tuesday, May 10, 2011
Our Crazy Boy...
So many of my posts have been about Abby, I thought it was time to do one about Preston. I think I can sum Preston up with this picture...

He is our crazy boy!! I have to admit that I was worried about caring for a newborn again since it's been awhile, but in all reality she is easy to take care of in comparison to Preston. We love our little boy so much but he just goes and goes and goes from the moment he wakes up until he goes to bed. He is full of so much (too much!) energy and is so active that he gets bored easily and for a 2 year old boy, boredom is synonymous with trouble. These past few weeks I've relied on movies to keep him entertained while adjusting to having Abby here but now we're working on breaking that habit. This boy always needs something going on and hates to just be at home all day. We are so ready to sign him up for soccer, t-ball, and maybe even part time preschool but he's too young for all of that (the minimum age is 3). So we'll have to wait until next year for all of that. Until then I have to do a lot of brainstorming to keep this kid busy and happy! On a really good note, he still loves Abby! He loves to give her hugs and kisses and always wants to know where she is and when she's crying he'll ask, "What's wrong Abby?" So sweet.
He is our crazy boy!! I have to admit that I was worried about caring for a newborn again since it's been awhile, but in all reality she is easy to take care of in comparison to Preston. We love our little boy so much but he just goes and goes and goes from the moment he wakes up until he goes to bed. He is full of so much (too much!) energy and is so active that he gets bored easily and for a 2 year old boy, boredom is synonymous with trouble. These past few weeks I've relied on movies to keep him entertained while adjusting to having Abby here but now we're working on breaking that habit. This boy always needs something going on and hates to just be at home all day. We are so ready to sign him up for soccer, t-ball, and maybe even part time preschool but he's too young for all of that (the minimum age is 3). So we'll have to wait until next year for all of that. Until then I have to do a lot of brainstorming to keep this kid busy and happy! On a really good note, he still loves Abby! He loves to give her hugs and kisses and always wants to know where she is and when she's crying he'll ask, "What's wrong Abby?" So sweet.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I am so glad to hear it isn't just Benji who is going through this stage! Last night, he found a full box of bandaids and unwrapped ALL of them. Today I caught him pulling books off the shelf and throwing them one by one across the room. Oh...little boys!!
Ya, I think its a lot easier having two then one. And a baby always seems so much easier once you have a 2 or 3 year old. Try painting on the sidewalk with water, Lis loves that. Or making necklaces with macaroni or good old homemade playdoh. Keeps them entertained for a while...
I am so happy he worries about her...despite the chaos that is such a sweet thing! Wish we could take him for a day here and there to spell you!
Post a Comment