I chose a kind of mocha brown color called "Warm Nutmeg." I thought it would provide the necessary change that I was looking for since it was such a contrast than what we had before. So Monday and Tuesday night I worked my booty off to get it all done. You can tell I'm usually the one to take pictures, because I don't have any of me painting. These are just a couple pictures after the first coat.
After painting the first coat, I had that moment of, "Oh my goodness, what did I just do?!" The color turned out to be a little darker than I thought it would be and it was definitely a shock at first to have such a dark color. But after moving all the furnature back and hanging up all of our pictures with new matching frames, our room looks really great now! We still don't have all matching furniture and need curtains and a new vertical mirror, but we'll get there. Even with that, we finally feel like we have a grown-up bedroom. We love it!
My favorite part of our room is these shelves with some of our meaningful figurines and pictures.
4 comments:
Great job Amy. It looks so good!
Very cozy!
It looks great! For some reason I was thinking it was going to be a really dark brown color. That's a really pretty shade of brown. I'll have to remember it for when we move into a house. If I wanted to paint anything else in our condo I think Mike would literally have a cow!
Thats a great color! I love it! Way to be bold! Good Job!
Post a Comment