Monday, November 8, 2010

Day 2, Vegas...

The 2nd day of our adventure took us to Las Vegas. It was beyond difficult to say goodbye to my mom and many more tears were shed. That continues to be the most difficult thing about all this is that we are so far from my parents. I just keep reminding myself that I will see them for a week at Christmas. My dad was nice enough to drive with me and Preston in one car, which was awesome because I really was Preston's entertainer the whole time. Meanwhile, Steve was in the other car with Jackie, who actually did amazing the whole drive.

We made a couple of stops of course, but in Kingman we stopped at a grocery store to pick up a few things to eat. As we were wondering around Preston picked up an apple that had fallen on the floor in the produce section. I thought he was just going to put it with the other apples but when I looked back at him he had taken a giant bite out of it! Since we knew we were going to have to buy it anyways we just let him wander the store eating it. He had eaten half of it by the time we got to the cashier, it was too funny! Oh, and apparently he picked up a bear along the way too.

We stayed the night with Dan, Aranne, and Blake! The boys had lots of fun playing together (more like Preston hogging all the toys). We had fun hanging out and watching football. We didn't stay up too late because we had an early day and long drive the next day. Thanks for letting us stay with you!

Preston found a couple plastic bowls that apparently work a lot better as hats! Isn't Blake the cutest?!

No comments: