Thursday, November 18, 2010

First real preggo pic...


This picture was actually taken on Sunday (I love taking pics on Sundays because we already look nice because of church!). This is me at exactly 17 weeks. I don't feel like I look this big at all, in fact I feel like I'm pretty small and not gaining very much weight... I'm looking forward to my first appointment here just to make sure everything's on track. I think it's funny too that I can't really remember how things progressed with Preston, like weight gain, size, etc. I'm sure everything is fine! Thankfully I've been feeling much better but I'm sure it helps that things have significantly calmed down in our lives and I'm able to just take it easy and hang out with Preston.

Oh, and did you notice the leggings in the picture?? I feel very winter-y with them, but I think it totally works for the couple of maternity dresses that I have that are short. It's funny because Steve and I keep asking each other, "Where do we live??" We feel like we have to completely re-learn how to dress here. I find myself just watching other women around me to see what they are wearing. I know sweaters and boots can be cute, but big bulky coats that you have to lug around are not!! I'm sure I sound dumb to people who are used to the cold and the snow, but I'm not and it really is a new world with a lot to learn. We are slowly building up our winter wardrobes, although we're trying to just make it through this winter. I have to keep reminding myself that I'll add things along the way and I can't expect to have the perfect winter wardrobe right away!

4 comments:

Kara said...

You look so cute Amy! I love the new house too, but I'm so not envious of that snow! Good luck making it through your first winter!

Heather (wife, mom) said...

I totally remember forgetting everything about being pregnant. I loved getting the BabyCenter emails with reminders and would read them all the way through- even when I was pregnant with #2. Let me tell you, it's the same way with a new baby. I felt like it was a totally new experience! You look cute and the leggings totally work :)

Emily said...

OMG... amy you look so gorgeous and AMAZING!!!!! it must be so frustrating to have to "relearn" clothing. I have lived here so long I would seriously go in shock with having to buy a TRUE winter wardrobe. I hope your and your family are ajusting well. Cant wait to hear what you are having!!!!!

Leann said...

You are absolutely STUNNING! Definitely look cute with the leggings! I totally remember learning how to dress for UT... and that's not nearly as cold as ID! Just ask around, and ignore the strange looks, just think about how they would have nothing to wear in the summer here! I'm so excited for you guys... Good luck!