Wednesday, November 10, 2010

First Snow!!

Steve left Sunday night for CA, for training for work all week. He was excited to jump right in and get started on things. Well the weather last week was "unseasonably warm" according to everyone here because it was sunny and in the mid-60's. That immediately changed after Steve left. Woke up Monday morning to it snowing but it wasn't sticking. That changed in a matter of hours and now all you see in all directions is white. So here's Amy, the AZ girl, in the snow with no shovel, window scraper or anything! It was heavy snow the whole day and I thought I was going to be snowed in. My mother-in-law, and two sisters-in-law (and Ty) were all planning on coming over anyway and we were able to go to lunch and do some shopping despite the weather. I even drove to Walmart all by myself (even though it's literally one minute away). I still count it as driving in the snow!!

How the backyard in the morning.

Ty and Preston ready to go to lunch, love the pom-poms on their hats!

Our backyard that early afternoon.

Of course I had to let Preston play in the first snow of the season. He loved it!! He just kept running and screaming and trying to catch the falling snow. I was definitely ready to go inside before he was!





This is the view looking out from our driveway. If you can't tell from the pics we have a super long driveway, the longest in the neighborhood... have fun shoveling that all winter Steve!!

The snow is pretty, when you're sitting inside! All I know is that with the weather like this all I want to do it stay inside, watch movies, and eat... could be dangerous for my weight!!

Ok, I'm officially caught up on the blog, hooray!!

1 comment:

Leann said...

I can't believe it, but I miss the snow! I miss how pretty it is when everything is covered! I miss the pink night sky! And as I'm sitting here in Tucson freezing in my 60 degree weather in a sweatshirt, I'm wondering how much I actually miss the snow!

You can make it! The first winter is always the worst!